Saturday, April 7, 2012

Papertrey's Make It Monday #60: Generational Stamping

I'm so glad I finally got the chance to play along with Papertrey's Make It Monday Challenge this week. The challenge was generational stamping/stamp off technique, which I actually love and use a fair amount when I stamp (especially when I use gray because I only have one dark gray ink pad and I often find myself wanting a lighter gray on my projects like this card).
I used the generational stamping technique to stamp my background with PTI's Damask Designs.  (I love this set and every time I use it I wonder why I don't use it more often.)  And I actually used the stamp off technique again when I stamped the polka dot chair pattern from On My Couch Additions because I wanted the lighter gray.  My favorite things on this card are the little rhinestones.  You can see them a bit better in the pictures below.  They add just the right amount of sparkle in person.  (Definitely worth the hastle of peeling them off and putting them on one-by-one.)

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Damask Designs, Mat Stack 3 Collection, On My Couch, On My Couch Additions
Ink: Basic Gray (SU), Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White
Other: Mat Stack 3 Die, Rhinestone Stickers (Recollections)

3 comments:

  1. Love your pop of red and yellow against the fab stamped background. The sentiment is gr8 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my new favorite. I love the colors, the design and the dimensions. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! I love your stamped background with the technique and that little chair is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete