Monday, May 7, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #64: Using Color Inspiration

So I'm barely getting this card done on time for this week's Make It Monday Challenge at PTI.  I actually watched Nichole's video early last week, but just never got the chance to make a card.  I loved all the color inspirations she provided, but needed a masculine card, so this is the one I chose (not to mention I have a room in my house...two actually...that basically follow this color scheme minus the aqua color...and now I think I would like to add that color in!).
The only thing I changed is that I used PTI's Rustic Cream Cardstock in the place of Vintage Cream. I just like the Rustic Cream better.  Oh, and I don't have very many PTI inks, so I pulled out all my PTI papers in the inspiration colors and then went through my ink pads and stamped an image several times in several colors until I figured out which ones matched.
My favorite part of this week's Make It Monday video was when Nichole talked about the "Rule of Three".  Although I've heard it and seen it illustrated before, it just seemed to click better this time.  I actually love everything about this card.  It's simple but balanced.  I'm glad I made it for my husband because otherwise I might have a hard time giving it away. :)
I thought it would be boring to have one patterned chair and one plain chair (plus I needed to use both the fine linen and kraft colors in one more spot to achieve the "Rule of Three", so I used the stripes in PTI's Background Basics: Retro to create the striped pattern on the chair from On My Couch (a favorite PTI set of mine).  You can also see a hint of the flowers I added to the vase.  I just stamped a single flower from the big flower cluster image in Botanical Silhouettes.

Supplies (all PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro (stripes on chair), Botanical Silhouettes (flowers in vase), On My Couch, On My Couch Additions
Ink: Cool Caribbean (SU - stamped off once), Chocolate Chip (SU), Really Rust (SU), Tea Dye Duo: Chamomile & Chai Blend
Paper: Aqua Mist, Rustic Cream
Other: Colored Pencils

2 comments:

  1. I love this card and the color scheme. Gorgeous. I think that chair stamp is my favorite and I love the sentiment. Another amazing card. Can't wait to see what you do next

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! What a talented sister I have!

    ReplyDelete