Saturday, January 12, 2013

MIM #99: Repeats & Rainbows - Round 2

This is my second card for PTI's Repeats & Rainbows Make It Monday Challenge. It may be a stretch on the repeats, but I did stamp those gumballs repeatedly. :)  I needed this card for a specific person and for a specific purpose, so I had to be flexible with the challenge.  And I don't love this card at all, but it's done and it serves its purpose.  The color scheme I used is
It's subtle, but on all the gumballs I stamped "Be Happy" or "Happy Days".  Kind of like conversation hearts.  I popped up the different parts of the bow at three different heights to mimic the bulk of an actual bow.  By the time I finished cutting it out and popping it up I was pretty sure that it would have been a lot faster to just tie real ribbon around the jar.

Oh, I forgot.  I ended up stamping polka dots around the borders on three sides.  There you go.  That's my official rainbow repeated stamping...it's just mostly hidden.

Supplies
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Polka Dot Basics, Polka Dot Basics II, Scattered Showers, Enjoy the Ride, Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar: Summer Fillers
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Apricot Appeal, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Sky (SU)
Paper: Honey Dew (MM), Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, White (PTI)

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely and fun card! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love the colors and I love the polka dotted background.

    ReplyDelete