Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PTI 6th Anniversary: DT Inspiration {Jessica}

Papertrey Ink is going to be having a bunch of challenges over the next few days to celebrate their 6th anniversary.  I've been a fan of PTI for years, so I decided to make some cards for their first challenge, which was to us one of the DT member's cards as inspiration.  My card uses Jessica Witty's card as inspiration.  I wanted to copy it exactly...down to the very last detail...because I love it so much, but I resisted the urge.  I still used the same color scheme, the same layout, and clear embossing like Jessica did on her card.  I like my card okay, but I still kind of wish I would have just copied her card exactly. :)
One thing I do like about the card is that I made a popped up star out of PTI's Seeing Stars dies.  You can't tell so much in the picture (I should have taken it at a different angle), but the star is 3D.  I know there are dies that do this for you, but the other night when I was looking at one (debating whether or not I should add it to my wish list) I realized I could make my regular star die have the same effect by just scoring it down the center of each point.  Love to save myself some money. :)
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Happy Hexagons, Lighten Up Sentiments, Pretty Peonies, Star Prints, Tag-Its #10)
Ink: PTI (True Black), VersaMark
Cardstock: PTI (New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, White)
Dies: PTI (Button Up #1, Pretty Peonies, Seeing Stars), DMC (White Embroidery Floss)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey... so glad you made it your own way! I *love* the colors and especially love the way your made the star... I am totally going to try that!!

    ReplyDelete