Sunday, July 7, 2013

Muse #24, Color Throwdown #249, Simon Says: Patriotic, & Stacey's Birthday Linky Party

I haven't played along with a Muse Challenge in a long time, so I decided to use that as my main inspiration today.  The things that stood out to me on Laurie's card were the embossed wood background, the row of buttons with the black X's in the middle, and the bold sentiment, so I incorporated those elements on my card.  I wanted a different color scheme and since we've been in the patriotic mode this week, I chose this week's Color Throwdown as my inspiration.  I love this color scheme, but the color is a bit off in the photo.  IRL the middle button is much more teal...resembling the Bermuda Bay color.  And although I was definitely going with a patriotic feel on this card for this week's Simon  Says...Patriotic challenge, I used a birthday sentiment because we have a few family birthdays around the 4th of July that I needed to make cards for.  Oh, and I'm linking this one up to Stacey's Birthday Linky Party...I'm super excited to see her newly re-created Curtain Call Challenge.

Muse #24



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card, love your take on the MUSE challenge Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one too! The buttons with the lg. happy Birthday on that woodgrain ...sure make for a perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this take on Laurie's Muse card! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous birthday card, Lindsey! Adore the spread of buttons & twine! Thanks so much for celebrating with me at the Birthday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Wonderful design! Love the texture! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card, love the buttons & embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, you are more patient than me threading the buttons. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card you were inspired to create is wonderful! I love all of the elements you chose to combine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a delicious CAS card, Lindsey, so much dimension and texture ... and all that glorious white space ... fabulous! Thanks so much for popping by my blog and for your sweet words ... much appreciated! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - I adore all your cute buttons! Such a wonderful take on the muse challenge this week - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cas design! I love the black threaded buttons.

    ReplyDelete