Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Craft Dash #25 Original + Remix

Isn't the color scheme for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash fantastic?  I thought so, too, so I pulled out some PTI sets and used this card by Laurie Willison as my inspiration.  (I realize it was from last week's Muse Challenge, but I didn't get a chance to play along and loved Laurie's card too much to pass up the opportunity to CASE it.)

I finished the card in 9 minutes 33 seconds and I liked it...yay!  I did have a bit of an oops...about 2/3 of the way through the stamping the argyle pattern I realized I was on the wrong side of the card base, but I knew I wouldn't have time to start over.  My cards mostly go to family, so I figure they won't mind opening a card from the opposite direction, right?  Keeps things interesting.  As I was taking pictures of the card the argyle pattern completely reminded of a sweater vest my dad has.  He is the sweater vest king.  He loves them so much that for his 60th birthday my sister made him a sweater vest cake. (Wish I could find a picture of it...it was awesome.)  My oops got me thinking, what if I flipped the card vertically...so I did and I realized that with that orientation the card looked like part of a suit jacket with a sweater peeking out from underneath.  Soooo I had to make another card just for fun.
I stamped the exact same pattern again, but this time I added buttons and the corner of a pocket.  I was going to change the placement of the sentiment, but I wasn't sure where to put it, so I just kept it the same.  And I love it....it's perfect for my dad.  I already had a birthday card for him, but I haven't mailed it yet, so now he'll have two.  Hopefully that will make up for the fact that they are both late.  My husband described the first card as "cool", so I figure I'll keep it and send it to someone with a good sense of humor...maybe that way my oops looks like an intentional joke. :)
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Autumn Pattern Pieces, Bountiful Banners)
Ink: ColorBox (robin's egg), PTI (harvest gold, kraft) 
Paper: PTI (rustic cream)
Other: buttons

15 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous. I don't blame you for wanting to use Laurie's sketch, even after the challenge. (I do stuff like that too sometimes). I've got that exact set out to try to make something with, too. Funny to see both of your cards using it. I especially love the rotation you made and the buttons on the second version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! All your details are sweet and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In under 10 minutes--wow! Fabulous colours Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Lindsey! Love the colors!

    I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie's card is wonderful but I absolutely love what you did with it! The argyle print is a fantastic layer and making it into a suit is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, LOVE these! The argyle in the color palette is so perfect and you were so creative in the second card! Great job, Lindsey, your dad is going to love his card!

    Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. You know I always enjoy seeing your PRETTY creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous! I love the argyle, and I love the way the vertical card looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this, Lindsey! It's fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much times have I finished a card, proudly propped it up and gone "Aw, shoot!" because I made it upside down? ;)

    I LOVE the argyle, and the way you turned it into a suit looks awesome!! Thanks so much for playing with the Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsey, this card is just WOW. Love every single detail. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!!! Fabulous argyle, lindsey! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! That argyle looks great!

    ReplyDelete