Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simple Valentine & Birthday (CBS, SSS & CASology)

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  The sun in shining today and I am grateful. :)  I few days ago I had a little bit of time to make a card for the following challenges:
Clearly Besotted Challenge #7: Love
Cas-ology Week #78 Challenge: Dot

I'm hoping the dots are obvious. :) I flicked acrylic paint this time because I really like the dimension it adds as opposed to using watercolors or mists.  With a toddler we are all about touch & feel things in this household and this bumpy texture is pretty fun to touch. :) The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's stamp set "Remember".  It took a couple tries to line up the stamping just right across the card base and die cuts, but I'm so glad I finally tried this technique.  I love the way it looks.
My next card I just made for fun.  I needed some birthday cards, and I've been dying to ink up the balloons from Clearly Besotted's Make a Wish Set.  I grabbed a bunch of PTI inks and stamped away without a real plan.  I love how the inks look when overlapped...perfect for balloons.

14 comments:

  1. Both are amazing! The balloons are so sweet! Love the double heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving both of your cards today. Paint splatters make such lovely dots! Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both such great cards and I am off to visit CB Stamps haven't been there is a while. Thank you so much for joining us this week again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, all of your cards today have been AWESOME! I really love the flicked acrylic paint, what a neat, textured effect that has! Thanks for playing along at CASology...your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simple elegance of your heart card,the paint splatters look perfect. Love the sentiment over the heart. Your birthday card with balloons would make anyone happy.
    Glad you had some sun! Beautiful work on all your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Lindsay, your heart card is so gorgeous ... yummy vibrant colours, lovely dimension and those texture-y splatters ... wow! I love how you've captured the translucence of the balloons ... they're fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold pink on the aqua and the way you've lifted the centre! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you added your dots, a great way to add texture to your card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture from acrylic paint--must try that! And the overlapped balloons look so realistic! Great cards, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippee! This is my second visit to your site today with happy congratulations! Your beautiful card is more than worthy of the HM honor from CASology, Lindsey!! Keep it up! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congrats on your HM shout out at Casology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect stamping. Perfect texture. Perfect layouts. Dayum girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win at CAS.ology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cards look wonderful, Lindsey :) Love your layering style. Thank you for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete