Saturday, August 9, 2014

3 Challenge Get Well Card

Hello!  I had a few seconds, so I thought I'd pop in and share a card I made yesterday.  I have mixed feelings about the card.  I added, took away, added, took away....  I just love Danielle Flanders' work, but it is so very different from mine that it was a little hard.  Nevertheless, I did use PTI's Make It Monday #175: Creative Card Borders Using Non-Border Dies.  My color scheme came from Color Throwdown #304 and the patterns/extras on the card were inspired by CAS-ual Fridays #134: Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  I used the bottom row again (dots, gray, twine).  It's amazing how different this card turned out than the previous card I made for this challenge using the exact same row.  Okay, I have to run...hope you had a fabulous Saturday and that your Sunday is even better.
Supplies 
Stamps: PTI (Bigger Blooms)
Ink: PTI (true black)
Paper: PTI (pure poppy, soft stone, stamper's select white), random patterned paper scraps...some "older than the hills" as my grandmother would say :)
Other: PTI (Framed Out #11 die), The Twinery (maraschino twine)

14 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you can make one little card for three challenges! I like this card, I think you did a great job with the MIm challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been able to sneak in crafty time lately...love it! I love the inlaid hearts Lindsey. I think they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey I adore this card, love your hearts--so creative! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card and it does have a Danielle Flanders feel to it! Love the color combo you chose and I'm glad you could link it up to CASual Fridays, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it....the hearts are perfect!
    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic colours, great scale of those hearts! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card Lindsey. Love those pretty hearts hanging off the side. The polka-dot paper and red/white twine look awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the way you laid out these hearts for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic card creation. It is so unique and creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why you are troubled by this card. I love it. It is such a sweet design for a get well card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous non-border border, Lindsey ... love those polka dot and mesh pattern inset hearts! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those hearts are darling! What a great CAS design! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! Love the layered heart border you created. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are you talking about its absolutely gorgeous Lindsey! Love the stamping inside the hearts!

    ReplyDelete