Saturday, September 20, 2014

Paper Weaving Take 2

Hi, I'm back again. :)  I couldn't decide whether or not I was totally pleased with my first attempt at paper weaving for this week's Make It Monday technique, so I made another card.
I love this scrappy onesie.  I also love when I pull out older supplies to make a new card.  Don't get me wrong: new supplies are always fun, but it feels good to use what I have, too.
You may be wondering why I have the up and down pictures.  Well, I always like the way a card looks lying flat in pictures.  I think because that is the way I see the card as I'm making it.  However, my husband always likes the way the cards look standing up.  And sometimes (like today), I have to admit that the lighting and colors are better when the card is standing up.  I'm also really poor at making decisions....manifested by me ordering two different kinds of frozen yogurt last week at my nieces birthday party.  My brother-in-law just laughed, my husband just shook his head, and my sister wasn't surprised at all.  (Let's just say this wasn't an unusual occurrence growing up...it was less agonizing for my parents to let me order two things when we went out than to wait for me to make a decision and then second guess my choice the entire meal.)  So that's why I've included the up and down pictures today.  Are you still there?  Sorry, that was a giant tangent full of information you probably never cared to know. :)  Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Think Big Favorites #19)
Ink: PTI (true black)
Paper: Echo Park (Sweet Girl)
Dies: PTI (Bitty Baby Blessings, Bountiful Banners, Mat Stack 3, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate)
Other: Pretty Pink Posh (sequins)

10 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Smart parents! This is adorable! I loved your first card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable, Lindsey, just adorable! I am not going to equivocate for one iota of a second when I say that I adore BOTH of your paper-weaving cards. I'm sorry you can sometimes be indecisive, but please don't ever waffle about making and sharing cards because you are one of my most inspiring card heroes and I love your cards whether they are standing up, laying down, or doing handstands!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little onesie! You pretty much nailed the weaving technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this paper weaving...such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Loved your first one too! You did a great job with the challenge - I still have to take a look at the video and try this one day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, I have a tough time making decisions too, so this post hit a funny bone with me :-)
    Love the onsie all paper woven and the banner with sentiment is adorable too...great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Up and down works beautifully for me, Lindsey ... that way we get to see different views of your adorable card! It's gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your paper weaving cards, most especially the one going to your quilt-making aunt. And, believe me, I can totally relate to you on the indecisiveness. I am a mess and yes, even about whether to photo a card flat or standing up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL that is so funny! I also like to see my cards lying flat, but as you just mentioned, Sometimes the card just looks better standing up. Loved the stories

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card! Great job with the paper weaving!

    ReplyDelete