Friday, July 29, 2016

O Christmas Tree - Concord & 9th Finale


Good morning!  Today I'm sharing my third and final July Guest Designer post for Concord & 9th.  (If you missed them, the first two can be found here and here.) I had a really fun 3D project I was going to make, but when I started reflecting on my previous posts, I felt like I had focused more on the dies than the stamps in this release.  So today I decided to do the opposite. :) I love stamps.  I am amazed at how the same images can take on new life depending on how you use them or even the colors you ink them up with.   I also know that when it comes to Christmas cards I ALWAYS run out of time.  Mass production really speeds that process up, but sometimes I get a little bored with making 50+ of the exact same card.  So today I'm sharing a hopeful solution to that.  I chose one fabulous stamp set (Concord & 9th's O Christmas Tree), a simple, mailer-friendly card design, and lots of colors and used them to create four cards that I think could appeal to a variety of card recipients. 

First up, The Traditional...
...appropriately named for its color scheme.  This card is the simplest of the bunch, too.  I lined all three trees up, so I only had to stamp once. 

 Next up, The Jewel...
I just love the jewel tones on this card!  If you follow my 12 Kits of Occasions posts, you'll recognize this coloring scheme from my kit last December.  The kit was a year in the making, so 18 months later, this color combo is still a winner for me. :) Besides the color scheme, the only thing that varies on this card is the two-toned sentiment....which made this the most time consuming card of the set.  Masking to make the two toned sentiment was a little tricky with this particular stamp because of how the "y" and "M" overlap, but I really love how it turned out in the end. 

Onto my third card, The Retro...
My very first thought when I saw the bottle rush trees in O Christmas Tree was of little pink, snow capped trees.  And then I thought of the mint colored ones that I know for sure my grandmother had, so I decided to make a card paying homage to those and stamp three different color pastel trees.  I did not snow cap them, but I did brush lots Wink of Stella over them, so they are fun and glittery.  (I know, you can't see it in the picture...you'll just have to trust me. ;) ) I added a shimmery silver card base to up the sparkle factor.  I was half-tempted to recreate tinsel cause that would have really made it sparkle.  Ha!  :)

And my final card, the Trendy
I hesitated a little to call this trendy because I'm the last person in the world to keep up on trends (just take a peek at my clothing), but ombre is trendy for me...and it sounded a whole lot better than The Paint Chip, which is also what this card reminds me of. :D  This card happens to be my personal favorite, too.  Just something about those trees makes me smile. 

And here is the whole lot of 'em...

Fun, right?  You guys, it has been so much fun Guest Designing for Concord & 9th this month!  I really liked their products before....and I will love them forever now!  They are fun.  They can fit into every style.  They are on-trend and yet unique.  There is something about each product that made me think...oh, that choice was brilliant.  And perhaps most important to me, the people behind this company are good.  Most of my communication has been with Angie, and she is kind and generous and talented and optimistic and has a fun sense of humor.  I'm thrilled to be able to support someone like that.  And what a great bonus that I genuinely love their products, too!  And I know you will.  Make sure to pop over to Concord & 9th to see all their fabulous products as well as the awesome cards they share with each product.  Oh, and check out their blog, too....lots and lots of inspiration there.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this set of cards. They are fabulous Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great set of cards, Lindsey!!!! Love the colours you have played with - amazing the different looks and feel you get with the different colours, hey!!! I really love the cute little trees and flowers and the sentiment stamp is lovely!!! The last one is my fave, too!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey your cards reflect your charm, sweetie! REally a great month of gorgeous creations ... congratulations, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a fabulous GD Lindsey!! This collection of cards today is as cute as can be. Love the mix of colors!!

    ReplyDelete