Monday, August 15, 2016

You Bring Me Joy

Last month when I was creating projects for Concord & 9th's July Release, I went a little crazy with the Blossom Die.  I think it is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.   This is one of the projects I created but never shared. 
I had die cut several of the Blossom die out of shimmery white cardstock with the intention of layering them, but when I had them all played out getting ready to glue them together, they looked looked so pretty that I ended up just gluing them down onto the paper.  It reminds me of an embossing plate.  I backed the paper with a shimmery grey cardstock and finished it off with a sentiment created from the Joy stamps and dies.
I love color, but sometimes neutrals can be so soothing.  I know I've been MIA for a bit.  I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but having my son start kindergarten last week has been a super hard adjustment for us...well, truthfully, mostly me.  I have been so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom.  Even though I still have another little one at home, I'm feeling a little lost without my cute boy.  But I must say, every day when I see his cute face as I pick him up after school so much joy fills my heart.  It is my favorite part of the day!  I hope that you have a wonderful week filled with many moments of joy!


7 comments:

  1. So fresh, crisp and lovely Lindsey!! I feel for you with missing your little guy. It will get better with time, I promise! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this textured and beautiful w-o-w card, Lindsey! This will be pinned! I understand your emotion as you send your first-born "baby" boy off to Kindergarten. It just goes by too darn fast and it's natural to grieve the loss of his babyness while celebrating that he's a big boy now. Enjoy each moment! Big hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all of these moments with your beautiful boy! It does get better and I'm so glad he is doing well. This white on white card is amazing Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! The white on white has such a stunning effect! Gorgeous Lindsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No broken record,just lots of greatfull love for your little ones! Hoping it's getting easier each day. Does he love it?
    Ok the card is gorgeous , I love the white on white! Hugs to you !
    The big fire is just to the north of us , not worried yet but I have never seen a fire move so fast and a mind of its own .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, white on white confection, Lindsay ... such a stunner! Enjoy all those special moments with your sweet son! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this design. You were right not to stack them. I love white on white and I'll bet the shimmery white looks really great in person.

    ReplyDelete