Friday, June 9, 2017

Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #10

Good morning!  It's time for another Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge.  Yay! I look forward to these challenges every month, but I have to admit that this particular one really highlighted the "challenge" part for me.  Our theme for Challenge #10 is Layered. 
If you've been around here for any length of time, you'll know my comfort zone is clean and simple...un-layered if you will, as one layer or nearly one layer cards are my favorite.  Luckily we try to keep things pretty open for these challenges, so I encourage you to think out of the box!  Some of my teammates layered stamping images, some did more mixed-media layering, and me...I layered flowers.  I explored many other layered ideas, but when it came down to it, I knew I had to choose something that still reflected "me". 
This card has lots more layers of dimension than mine typically have.  And guess what?  I kinda love it.  With the flowers popping out it feels like I am sending a bouquet and that makes me so happy. To make it, I stamped a bunch of floral images from Concord & 9th's Wildflower Stamp Set in lots of different colors, fussy cut them out, and then just played with colors and arrangement popping them up at varying heights with dimensional adhesive.  I love the colors I settled on: Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Blueprint (Distress Ink), Lucky (SSS), and Mint Melody (SU!).  In attempt to create more layers, I die cut frames and card bases in a few different colors and mixed and matched until I found a combination I liked. My sentiment is from the new Globe Greetings. (LOOOVE this set!)  I finished my card off with a few enamel dots and teeny tiny black pearls to help balance out the black sentiment and add a few more "layers".
I made a fun discovery, too, while stamping.  I wanted larger leaves for my flowers, so I turned one of the flowers in the Wildflower Stamp Set into leaves.  I've done this before, but this time, I figured out how to give it veins, which makes it even better! 
There is an image that I assumed was to make berry sprigs, but it happens to be the perfect size to fit inside the flower petals.  I wouldn't put it past the geniuses behind Concord and 9th (Greg and Angie) to have had this in mind already, but it was pretty exciting to me when I made this happy discovery. :) 
  
When I started this card I wasn't exactly sure who it was going to, and when I chose the sentiment I was filled with such gratitude thinking of the many, many people in my life who indeed tdo make the word (my world especially) a better place.  I love that cardmaking so often turns my thoughts to gratitude!
Thanks so much for joining me today!  Whether it is in your comfort zone or not, I sure hope you will join us for Where Creativity Meets C9's Challenge #10.  My teammates have done a fabulous job with their cards and are definitely worth checking out.  Have a happy day, my friends! 
SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. While this does have layers, it still is reminiscent of a more CAS card. And it's beautiful! Love those bold blooms and the delicate sprigs. But the leaves you've created...absolutely brilliant!! What a great idea!!! I'll so be giving this a try soon. Lovely card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do layered more often Lindsey because this is beautiful!! Love the foliage flowing off the edge. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just layered CAS and so very lovely, Lindsey! You did an amazing job with the flower layers set in your pretty frame! And what a wonderful discovery when you found a way to add veins, must remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful, Lindsey ... the lovely layering is so light and airy that it still seems so wonderfully CAS ... and you ... just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete